Vitus offers direct sales through Chain Reaction Cycles. There is no middleman which
means you deal direct with us and we can keep our prices low. Vitus develop and
deliver your bike without any wholesalers or retail outlets. This allows us to offer you the
best bike at the best possible price.
Enduro racing; hammering technical descents; ascending with finesse; finding your limits long before you reach the limits of the all NEW 155mm travel Vitus Sommet! When performance and reliability are top of your list; get onboard the new Vitus Sommet and claim your place on the top of the podium!
The All NEW Sommet CR features a full carbon monocoque ABS constructed front triangle; 3K weave with UD finish; BB92 bottom bracket which enables increased stiffness through maximised down tube profile & fully internal cable routing!
Add to this a high end components package featuring RockShox Pike fork; SRAM X1 shifting; Novatec/WTB KOM wheelset and Nukeproof bars, stem and Brand-X Ascent dropper seatpost and you have a race ready bike out of the box!
• Intended use – Enduro
• Wheel size – 27.5”
• Travel – 155mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
• Recommended fork travel – 160-170mm
• Construction – Carbon Monocoque ABS T700 and T800 Toray carbon construction with 6061 T6 triple butted rear triangle
• Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
• Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
• Aggressive Enduro Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
• Sizes – S, M, L, XL
• ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
• Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes.
• Weight – 13.06kg/28.8lbs (Bike weight without inner tubes)
• Full internal cable routing
• Main pivot location – This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
• Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
• Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
• Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform.
The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Rear wheel travel is controlled via a RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debon Air custom tuned air rear shock.