An Post – Chain Reaction debut new VITUS Vitesse Evo
Vitus sponsored UCI Continental team An Post – Chain Reaction will debut the new VITUS Vitesse EVO frameset this weekend as the team open the 2014 season at the UCI cat. 1 Grand Prix Cycliste la Marseillaise.(2nd February 2014)
Following a development season in 2013 the team have provided a vast amount of feedback to the VITUS development team to design a new and revised version of the 2013 model.
With an excellent stiffness to weight ratio, the new Vitesse Evo has many new features including;
• Sloping geometry for excellent stiffness and comfort
• 27.2mm seat post for reduced weight and comfort
• FSA 386 EVO BB for stiffness and weight
• Asymmetric chain stays for added chain stay stiffness, increased efficiency, counter acting tension to prevent rear wheel steer
• High modulus carbon mix lay-up of Toray t800 carbon including dropouts and FD braze on mount.
The frameset is electronic and standard compatible – tipping the scales at a very healthy 830g for size 54cm. VITUS Brand Manager Simon Cordner said
“Our relationship with An Post – Chain Reaction is vital for us as a brand. The team have been instrumental in the development of the new Vitesse Evo – pushing us to produce a new frame of the highest quality. Feedback from the riders following their team camps in Calpe over the winter has been excellent.”
The UCI accredited Vitesse Evo frame and fork will be available for purchase from 31st July 2014 priced at £1499.99 with the new VITUS Chrono II also available at £1599.00 from the same date.